The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Rwanda (ICPAR) was established through an Act of Parliament (Law Number 11/2008 of 06 May 2008) with a broad mandate to grow and regulate the accountancy profession. Under this mandate, the Institute is responsible for the admission and regulation of the profession in Rwanda; the registration and granting of practicing certificates to Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) and practicing firms; the monitoring of compliance with professional standards, the investigation and discipline of its members; and the delivery of accounting qualifications, programmes and examinations.
- We regulate the accountancy profession.
- We preserve the integrity of the accounting profession;
- We promote the competence and the capacities of our members.
- We deliver accounting qualifications, programs and examinations.
- We promote compliance with professional standard
A strong, relevant and sustainable profession
To build a strong and engaged professional accountancy organization that anticipates stakeholder expectations and acts in the public interest